- Being naturally high in monounsaturated fatty acids and Vitamin E, almonds help in maintaining healthy cholesterol levels.
- High dietary fibre, proteins and good fats present in almonds makes you feel fuller and thus helps to avoid overeating.
- Experts believe that when almonds are had along with a meal, the monounsaturated fatty acids in almonds helps to slow down the release of glucose into the blood stream and thus prevents sudden spikes in the blood sugar levels.
- Instead of consuming almond on its own, you could combine them with your meals as this would help lower the glycemic index of the accompanying food
- Almonds are rich in nutrients, especially magnesium, which help curb down hypertension and maintain good heart health.
- Great for skin massaging your skin with almond oil makes it smooth and also adds a healthy glow, it can also improve your complexion.